Friday, October 23, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to Sports Lovers of 90 Pembroke. The title itself is an exercise in false advertising because sadly I was not a resident of 90 Pembroke during my senior year at Providence College. However, I practically spent every weekend there along with the occasional weekday for birthday celebrations, bonfires, basement parties, and the expected "dutch" session. However, as soon as my friend Mr. James Emeigh accepts my invitation to write for this blog, he will indeed confirm that I was practically a resident of 90 Pembroke and will no doubt put to shame the errors of the aforementioned title. With that being said, upon my recent visit to Stony Point and New York City, Mr. Emeigh and I decided that it would be a great idea to write a sports blog together. Our plan is to divide the commentary of the major sports equally with James possibly taking baseball and college basketball and myself taking football (both college and pro) and professional basketball. Occasionally, we would like special guest commentator Brian Wendth to provide insight into his new bandwagon love for the New York Rangers but all this is pending the approval of Mr. Wendth. It is possible that we will devote some coverage to the sports of hockey, soccer, golf, and tennis but not extensive coverage because I don't think James and I follow those four sports rather closely (golf probably being the exception for Mr. Emeigh). I also think James and I will split the duties on one of the sports we choose to cover because as I look at it now, we would only be covering five sports religiously on this blog. Clearly, we have not really planned all this out yet but I can assure you that this blog will be up and running as soon as possible. So for now, stay tuned for more fun and exciting things to emerge later on and have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment